- OPPORTUNITIES Children’s Parliament gives children the opportunity to voice their ideas, thoughts and feelings so that their concerns and opinions can be listened to and included in our social and political landscape. Children’s Parliament gives ideas a voice.
- ENGAGEMENT Children’s Parliament works with children from birth to 14 years old. This also means engaging with their families, schools and communities. We use the creative arts and have developed a thematic and holistic approach.
VALUES We develop open and honest relationships with children; valuing their worth and their views.
We create opportunities for children to feel safe, challenged and trusted.
- COMMUNICATION By offering children the tools with which to develop and communicate their own opinions we also provide adults with a unique, valuable insight into the concerns and hopes of today’s children.
- EXPERTISE Children's passions and concerns are important. Children are experts in their own lives and we can use the information they share with us to help make Scotland a great country to grow up in.
IN OUR OWN WORDS Our video on what Children's Parliament means to children.
Click the Play button to See + Hear us!
- RESOURCES Children’s Parliament resources are free to download for use in your setting. More info HERE
NEWS! We have launched our new publication Seen + Heard - you can download this from the How We Work page.
We hope you find our website informative and fun!